Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Storm of the Century

*SIGH*

They had us believing.

My boss was making preparations to cancel work today.

The eye doctor I am taking a client to this morning called me with their inclement weather policy.

Clients called me to tell me not to hurt myself coming out.

Guess what?

It's dribbling a new little flakes NOW, but nothing in the quantities needed to give me a day off.

Well, there's always tomorrow.

5 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Cindy said...

I never believe the weather man. If we are supposed to get snow, we get nothing. If we are supposed to just get a few flakes, we get a blizzard.

Did you do the snow dance last night?

Kate/Susan said...

I did, but I guess I did it about 5 hours too early :) Now it's snowing great. I just hope that the snow keeps up till tomorrow. I don't want to do my tomorrow stuff :-)

Seraphim9 said...

The only flake I see around here is my husband....

*ba-da-bump*

Unknown said...

Welcome to DC - the land of weather forecasts but no actual weather!

Schools are already calling off for tomorrow - not FCPS, but Spotsy is closed....

Talmadge said...

Takes one to know one......