Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Husband's Such a White Boy

So we have started downloading music from Amazon.com--it's the same price as iTunes and they are MP3's, which we LOVE, and there are no restrictions once you buy them.

So, Michael's been sending me lists of songs that he wants to download. And this morning, we set to downloading a bunch of old school hip hop and rap songs that he just loves the living hell out of. For what reasons, I cannot fathom, but to each his own.

So he wanted to download one Sir Mix-A-Lot song and emailed me the title:

My Possie's on Broadway

Yup, that's how he spelled 'posse'. It's so cute, I could eat it for lunch. Awww. :-)

10 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Talmadge said...

Hah!! Reminds me of an old ep of All In the Family, when Archie Bunker threw a wad of paper toward the wastebasket, missed, then said, "That ain't a bad shot for a white guy...."

The song? Like it for me. I'm an old "phart" of going-on-44.

PS - I've used iTunes for a number of years, and there is a way to 'launder' the file. You're allowed a few burns for each file. Burn a CD, then fire up Roxio (or whatever burning software you use) and rip back into your hard drive as an MP3. Badda-bing.

Kate/Susan said...

Not only don't I know that particular song, but I only knew 2 of the more than 20 that we downloaded today. Meanwhile, Grand Master General is upstairs rappin' it out when he's not listening to the football game :-)

--DJ Cookie Cooks

Seraphim9 said...

Hey - if you d/l "Buttermilk Bicuit" or "Squaredance Rap" let me know.

Dem two wuz my favorite, if you knawmean?

Seraphim9 said...

Sorry....that was my Albany, GA alter-ego coming through.

Seraphim9 said...

I'll have you know, I actually owned Sir Mix-A-Lot's album "Swass" once upon a time.

I believe Tal came across it when we were merging our music collections, picked it up with 2 fingers, and either tossed it in the garbage or hid it from me somewhere.

Of course,I was standing beside him trying to look all innocent - "I don't know how THAT got in there..."

Talmadge said...

The most painful part about merging our collections post-wedding was having to include Best of The Village People.

(Right now, Sera is back there looking for that Sir Mix-A-Lot album)

Whatever was that woman thinking before she met me????

DJ General Cracka Rappa & The Old Phartt Admiral Whitey. That's got street cred. Deep in suburbia, at least. ;-D

(Sera says "Tell The General I found my 2 Live Crew cassette.")

[cringe] Now for a swig of Pepto and off to bed.........

Kate/Susan said...

Sera! Get down with your bad self! :-)

I've been informed "The called me Mixmaster Mike".

So there.

Talmadge said...

Meanwhile, James Brown looks downward and thinks, "For THIS I gave the world New New Super Heavy Funk?"

I'm sure he understood just how that crying Indian in the PSA was feeling.

In the words of Soul Brother #1 himself, "I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothing (Open Up The Door, I'll Get It Myself)"

nettiemac said...

I hesitate to even admit this: I love the SWASS CD by Mix-a-lot. My brother listened to it ad nauseum one year, and I grew to like it. When I heard "Dontcha" by the P-Cat Dolls, I thought, "RIPOFF!!!!" I still sing it as "Don't you wish your boyfriend was swass like me!"

That's it, that's the list.

Kate/Susan said...

I told the General about everyone's love of Swass and he said, "Susan, are you swass?"

I said, "Honey, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I may well be the most swass person I know."

He thought I was a ripshit riot for that one.