Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I'm Thinking of Trying Something This Year...

This morning I woke up, dazzling in my success with my last blog post. And a thought popped into my head. The Julie and Julia thing has been done with French cooking, but why not try world cuisine?

So I think I'm going to try "Around the World in 80 Dishes". That comes to approximately 6-7 dishes per month, will give us a nice variety, and I can pick recipes from all over the world and we'll give them a whirl.

So that's the plan. France complete. This weekend I'll be doing a lot of cooking, and we'll see where it takes us. I won't have time to do a lot of documenation, so I may not be able to count this weekend, but we'll see what happens!

I'm excited about this project. :-) Hope you will be too.

UPDATE: The title of this project will officially be Around The World in 80 Plates. Anyone who wants to suggest recipes or request a certain country, feel free to email me at s u s a n k (at) m k o s i o r (dot) c o m.

UPDATE 2: I've started a new blog for this venture. However, I will also continue to cross post here so that if you just want to keep reading here, that's fine with me. In case strangers come looking for me and don't give a fig about my personal life, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a separate blog for this new hobby. It can be found at http://aroundtheworld80plates.blogspot.com/. Again, I will cross post here, there is no need to go back and forth to that blog.

2 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Lady Ozma and Million Pillowcase Kid said...

That's a fantastic idea! You really need a DS. They have this Personal trainer cooking thing and it sounds right up your alley. (Man do I want that game so bad... I'm always looking for new things to try!)

I sure hope you'll blog your Around the World in 80 dishes!! :) I enjoyed your french one!

(And look, I actually commented... ROFL Now on to kick captcha's butt just below)

Seraphim9 said...

Wow, that sounds both fun and interesting!

How ironic that my word verification is - malta.

Malta is a Mediterranean archipelago (don't you just love that word?)in southern Europe just off the coast of Sicily.

Maltese cuisine is the result of a long relationship between the Islanders and the many foreigners who dominated Malta over the centuries. This marriage of tastes has given Malta a distinctive cuisine that is decidedly Mediterranean in character. While many dishes are native to the island, some popular Maltese recipes show Sicilian, Southern Italian or Turkish culinary influences

So, to assist you on your journey I have located a couple of sites that contain some traditional Maltese recipes:

http://www.aboutmalta.com/grazio/maltarecipes.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mt/pick/recepes.html

And this is the end of my report on Malta. Hope I get a good grade. :-)