Monday, January 12, 2009

Special Day Today

I woke up and sat with the mister while he was waiting for his carpool this morning and he reminded me of something special: exactly 10 years ago today he called me on the phone for the very first time.

Since we've known each other for ten years, we're likely to be really mushy this year with the tenth anniversary of our first date less than a month away. But even I was impressed that Michael remembered the anniversary of our first phone call. I swear, he has the world's best memory.

I really, really want to go to Newport to re-enact our first date, especially all our driving around the Ocean Drive--still one of my favorite things to do in New England. And today I called him, instead of the other way around. Granted, it wasn't for that purpose, but still, it happened.

To celebrate, I downloaded some mushy love songs and a few songs he wanted from Amazon.com We've come a long way since that first phone call, and Lord only knows where we're going next!

2 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Cindy said...

aawwwww.

It's cute that he remembers. Be sure to give him extra points for that. :)

Talmadge said...

Monday, February 9, 1998 - 1135 PM (CST) - first "sight" of her online.
Saturday, March 7, 1998 - 1230 PM (CST) - first date. (Ecch)
Tuesday, April 21, 1998 - 921 PM (CDT) - "going steady" (for lack of a better phrase). Song on radio: Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" Station: WMGR 97.3/Bainbridge, Ga.
Saturday, October 24, 1998 - very late
Friday, February 25, 2000 - about 9:30 PM (EST) - popped the question.

Funny thing, though - I cannot for the life of me remember the day or time I talked with Sera for the first time (it was about a week before our first date, that much I do recall). Another thing I recall: Her voice melted my heart to steaming hot "Squeeze Parkay."

Maybe it's atypical for men to remember these things .... too bad. You and Sera are stuck with a couple who do.