Friday, December 21, 2007

Waiting for Christmas

Well, all the preparations are complete at the Kosior family compound. The last presents have been wrapped. The house is clean, top to bottom. The beds are made, the towels washed and put away. The last batches of cookies are baked. The rabbit is clean, albeit pissed off. My mom is in Fayetteville, NC. My dad is leaving in the morning. Plans are made to pick up Judy, Joe, and Lucas on Sunday. There is nothing left but to sit and wait. For me, that is the hardest part of Christmas. I'm still like a kid, sitting and waiting on those last precious days to tick by till the big day, when it's over in a flurry and suddenly there's nothing left for another year. So, even though the anticipation is killing me, I'm going to enjoy these last few moments of quiet before the storm.




Today, I was reading over our newsletters which friends have sent us and re-read the one from Annette, which she signed, "See you in January!". I can scarcely believe it. In another month, I'll be meeting the Glecks and seeing Annette for the first time since the bad sunburn of '04. That's a darned good feeling too.




Michael's carpool buddy called tonight and he was out with his two sons, who wanted to come over and see TomTom. It was so much fun having kids in this house. They were only here thirty minutes, and I was exhausted by the time they left (to say nothing of the daggers TomTom was shooting me--and he has now taken up what I can only hope is not permanent residence in his box), but I loved every minute of those boys being here. And Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? < /bitterness >

2 pearl(s) of wisdom:

nettiemac said...

I know!!!! I can't WAIT!!!!!

Okay, this is a WEIRD verification: eywitvox -- a vocal observer?

Talmadge said...

Merry Christmas, Kate/Susan & The General.

I think that about covers it nicely. Have a most blessed and wonderful day tomorrow.

-Tal

PS: word verification is "ebggt" ... is that how it comes out while asking for your 15th glass of eggnog?