Tuesday, December 18, 2007

To Do List

Well, my to do list is getting longer instead of shorter. I found out last night that my mom is coming early--a good thing for sure! But I've had to revamp my time frames just a scootch. Plus, the General's toilet busted, and we can't have that happening with a houseload of people descending upon us this weekend!

Actually, it doesn't look that bad. Lots of it is wrapping gifts, buying a couple last minute items, and baking a few final batches of cookies to replace the ones that got eaten (note to Sera: I call those peanut butter Hershey Kiss things "peanut butter blossoms" and I seem to have made it my mission to eat what I've baked, so another round of those pups is in order!). We had a neighbor over to visit Mike while I was at the new book club on Sunday and apparently he was munching the whole time. hehehehe I love him!

Sunday, hopefully, we can all sit around and relax. I haven't frosted the sugar cookies, nor have we decorated the gingerbread men so that we can all do it as a family activity on Sunday. The last time I watched my dad fumbling with a pastry bag I nearly wet my pants laughing, so I'm really looking forward to that.

I've gotten barely any reading done this month--maybe 3 books. I'm halfway through 2 more, but just can't seem to get it done. I guess since reading 100, the wind went out of my sails, but at least I did get to 110, so that's making me happy. Time, time, time, I'm glad I didn't wait till now to try and finish!

That's all the news that's fit to print for now. I'm so excited that it's Christmas.

Here's the tree, all decorated. As you can see, the angel's head is crammed into the ceiling. Last year, we ran out of room for all our ornaments. This year, it looks like we dont' have any on. YES!

2 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you've got Christmas spirit. Your tree looks great - I didn't even put up 1 decoration or light this year. I have gotten my Christmas cards written, now just to get them in the mailbox. Hope to see you when I'm in the area.

Seraphim9 said...

Well, I have to admit now that the baking bug has bitten. But now I only have 3 days to get it all done as well as other things I need to do. At least I got the living room straightened up somewhat last night - and my kitchen is clean again (until I start baking, that is!).

I'll blog about that on mine!

-SG