Thursday, December 13, 2007

I've Reached My Limit

Honestly.

If I hear Mariah Carey screeching "All I Want for Christmas Is You" one more time, I think I'm going to go home and push the Q-Tips in a little bit too far, if you catch my drift.

It was a good song, like 3 years ago. And every time I scan the dials trying to find a station playing Christmas music, but some weird coincidence that's the song that always seems to be playing.

I get it. All you want for Christmas is me.

Uncle.

8 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Elizabeth said...

Oooooh, I feel that way about the song "Santa, Baby." That baby-voiced materialistic bitch makes me want to crawl out of my skin every time. I picture the songwriter thinking, "hey, I wonder if I could commercialize and sexualize the blessed Christmas season all at once? Let's try!"

Unknown said...

I'm sick of all the songs that have NOTHING to do with the actual meaning of Christmas!!!!! Both of these would fall in that category. There's one radio station around here that plays holiday music from like Oct 30 - Dec 26 - one year I listened carefully and the only song I heard that was in any way related to Jesus was "Do you hear what I hear?". It amazes me that there are enough songs out there to fill up 2 months of airspace with "Holiday Music" w/o once mentioning Jesus.

Talmadge said...

What ARE you people? A bunch of spoil-sport Scrooges who want to ruin the greedy, materialist ways of the rest of us???

It's CHRISTMAS. Max out the credit card. Play Mariah Carey. Loudly. And we all should strive to be more like the "baby-voiced" heifer in the song "Santa Baby." She knows what it's like to be a true American.

Merry Futking Christmas. Jingle all the way, and Adult Contemporary Christmas formats FOREVER.

With love, a pair of "Christmas Shoes" and a string of multi-colored trailer park lights,

Talmadge the Troll

PS - I refer you to my blog (talgleck.blogspot.com) if you think I'm actually being serious here.....

nettiemac said...

I have just now gotten into anything resembling an enjoyment of the holidays. I have purposely avoided Christmas music until this week.

The best part of it? Choir practice. That was music I enjoyed because I haven't heard it 48 million times since November 1.

And thank the little Christchild for Rhapsody where I can make up my own playlists. And for Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas CD .... ah!

bolivar said...

Kate/Susan - I am the very infamous Bolivar Shagnasty that Tal, Seraphim, and Nettiemac keep talking about. Let it be known: I do not like Mariah. Never have, & probably never will. Nettiemac said something in her comment about the "Charlie Brown Christmas" - my fave is Sarah McLachlan's version of "Christmas Time is Here". And to my close buddy Talmadge - you are not right. You are messed up.

Talmadge said...

Mr. Shagnasty:

After more than 21 years, it's only now occurred to you?

Peace,
Talmadge "Not Right And Messed Up Since 1965" Gleck

PS - Welcome back, man.

PS2 - word verification: "miqeueks" ... that's the sound the bed made at the run-down Troy Holiday Inn last Christmas.

Kate/Susan said...

Greetings, Bolivar, a pleasure to finally meet you after all this time :-D

I've never liked her either, I will confess. She's got a face like a horse and a voice like a room full of cats on fire.

But there again, just my opinion :-D

Seraphim9 said...

I'm guessing that you're not jonesing for a bottle of her new perfume "M" for Christmas then, eh? LOL!

Frankly, I used to like her music in the beginning but since she got so full of herself there is just no room for talent AND that ego in her life, apparently.