Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Cookie List!

Well, I've sat down and compiled a list of all the baking to be done, inspired by Jacalyn, who is ahead of the curve and is already baking as we speak.

So, here's what's happening in the Kosior kitchens for Christmas:

~ Sugar cookies (ok, I'm cheating on these because they're a pain in the tush to make and the refrigerated dough is nearly as good as homemade and they'll be covered with frosting anyway)
~ Chocolate chip*
~ Peanut butter*
~ Oatmeal raisin
~ Chocolate raspberry bars
~ Magic cookie bars
~ Chocolate almond thumbprints
~ Ginger snaps*
~ Mini Linzer tarts (the Contessa makes a good cookie and for Christmas they're worth the effort)
~ Shortbread

Non-cookie items

~ Fudge
~ Mini Cheesecakes
~ Chex Mix "dog chow"

Items marked with an asterisk indicate they will be made with Splenda.

Hopefully this will be enough for us and the parties we're attending. :) The weekend of 12/16, I'll be buried in flour, sugar, and chocolate. What a way to go.

6 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Seraphim9 said...

{{{drool}}}

Seraphim9 said...

I'm not sure if I'll be doing any major baking this year. I might take the easy way out and hit the local cookie shop (www.twosmartcookies.com) for some goodies to take to the in-laws.

I did make some good cookies a couple of weekends ago. I had a hankering for something cookie. I only had a tiny bit of peanut butter and some leftover chocolate candy melts, so I made peanut butter cookies and pressed the candy melts in the top when I pulled them out of the oven and before they cooled. YUM! I may have to recreate them.

I should be ashamed, I know. Baker that I am I just can't seem to get it together enough this year to want to make the batches of cookies I have in the past.

Then again, the urge to bake might strike this weekend. It happens sometimes!

Kate/Susan said...

You are definitely taking me to that place when we come down! :-D

Anyway, don't worry about the late start. I haven't even bought Christmas cards yet, I'm living on borrowed time since our presents to everyone are scattered all over the house, unwrapped, and the house, which is usually done to the 9's is still basically bare. :-D I love relaxing in December.

nettiemac said...

I just got a recipe for WW Peanut Butter Cookies. I *will* be making. MMMMM!

Seraphim9 said...

I have a recipe book I bought last year when one of my nephews was selling stuff for his school. It's a book of all Splenda recipes. I will have to look at it again, I know they had some pretty good sounding recipes in them.

Kate/Susan said...

The thing I love about Splenda is that you only use half what you would of sugar. That's awesome. And they taste really good too. I just wish they'd make a confectioner's sugar.