Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2009 National Book Festival

The authors for this year's book festival were recently announced. Judy said she didn't think anyone really great was coming, so I didn't bother to look at the site until yesterday. But when I did, I got all excited! Who's going to be there that's got me all excited? Judy Blume!! I can't wait to meet her!

Mark your calendar, DC reading friends :-) It's gonna be a blast.

(I'm also excited to meet John Grisham and James Patterson--hoping I can get Mike to go this year to meet these two!)

4 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Anonymous Me said...

And John Irving! Ack. I wish I could go, but I'll be in Toronto gearing up for my marathon on the 27th.

Lesley said...

Hmmm ... I wonder if I could convince Mike to make another trip to DC ...

CFW said...

Sue Monk Kidd! Jeannette Walls (whom I saw speak at our recent conference--she did a wonderful job)! And Chris likes Mark Kurlanksy's books. Looks like a good lineup.

Cecily

Unknown said...

This kid's authors look good too - David Shannon, Mo Willems, John Sciecekkeiiiews (I don't have a clue how to spell or pronounce his last name, but he has some damn good kids kids books - The Stinky Cheese Man is prob the most popular)

I have every intention of getting up there this year...hopefully the ragweed won't have other ideas.