Thursday, March 20, 2008

TomTom, The Easter TV Star

Recently a friend turned me onto using Yahoo Live! I thought it would be a fun chance to connect with family, but that has not worked out to be the case. I bought a cheapie webcam recently and hooked it up. It's so cheap I have to focus it myself and there's no audio, but chatting is fine anyway.

Last night I was sitting around chatting with a bunch of people on Live and I thought it would be fun to bribe TomTom to come on the screen. I fixed up a plastic tray of his favorite veggies and stuck them on the floor. I put the cam down there and turned it on and waited. And waited. And waited. He was not the least bit interested in being cooperative. It was like he KNEW I was waiting for him to be on the camera.

So I went in his room and his reflexes were not so good last night, and I was able to grab him. I put him down in front of the camera and the food.

Yeah right. He took off back to his room. I gave him a few minutes and we tried again. Yeah. Probably not.

I gave him even longer and then I grabbed him again. This time when I put him down in the office, he decided he'd show me, he hid behind the football chair. And stayed there for about 20 minutes. Then all of a sudden, I see him inching out. I didn't move. He saunters over (if bunnies can saunter, that's exactly what he did last night!) to the tray of food and sniffs at it. He looks at the camera, he looks at me, and then just as nice as you please, he lays flat out on the floor and proceeds to ponder the situation. Well, you don't have to guess everyone was eating that up.

And he stuck around on camera for about 20 minutes. After a few minutes of allowing us to admire him in his best "do ya think I'm sexy?" bunny pose, he ate a carrot and then took a bath, all captured on camera. It was great. I wish I had thought to actually record it, but c'est la vie.

He looks way better on camera than I do, so he'll be everyone's Easter treat this week. If you use Live, let me know! :-) It's fun and easy, even if you don't have a webcam.

0 pearl(s) of wisdom: