Monday, March 17, 2008

Still Around!

I haven't posted in a few days, which I know makes the Dumpling nervous, so I'm just checking in to say "Hello!" and yes, I am still around.

We've been busy doing a lot of things that aren't really newsworth--spending time with friends, shopping, playing the Wii, and getting our taxes done (so it's official, we'll get our checks for $600--and like most Americans, I suspect, we'll be putting the money not towards the economy but towards paying down student loan debt). The tax situation was less painful than trying to find a Wii for Jacalyn and her two boys. I think I covered every square inch of Central Park on Friday with them, and finally they got a Wii at midnight Saturday/Sunday in Massaponax.

I also got a copy of Photoshop and started a Flickr account for my pictures. I don't know how the heck to set up a slideshow here, and I already ran out of space for March, so I'm debating if I want to actually pay for it or if I want to just hang in till April.

I also completed some "artwork" on the living room wall--those rub on transfer quotation wall art thingies. It says "We do not remember days, we remember moments" and I'm going to put a bunch of my pictures around it. The submission requirements for the club include having your pictures matted, so I figured I might as well go ahead and frame them and stick them on the wall. So far, they've come out great, but I'm not quite ready to put them on the wall yet. Plus, the wall art is beautiful, and I'm still debating just leaving that wall alone. We'll have to see!

That's all from here.

2 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Cindy said...

On flickr, you can change the size of your pictures to be for showing online only - as opposed to being able to download to make prints. It allows you to upload a ton more.

I just had a free account and that's what I did so I could upload a ton of pictures. Now, I have a paid account, so I upped my size.

Kate/Susan said...

Cindy:

How did you make your slideshow work? I still can't get it moving... *Sigh* I've tried the various recommended tweaks, but can't make it come up.

Thanks!