Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Age Meme Stolen From Heather

IN 1999
1. Age: 24

2. Romantic Status: Happily taken, dating Michael

3. Occupation: Started out the year as a substitute teacher, went to grad school and did a bunch of part time jobs to get myself through school—tutoring, housekeeping, babysitting, and worked at the UALR information desk

4. Fun night out:  Hanging out with friends, doing anything but studying!

5. My BFFs: Michael

6. I spent way too much time: Being depressed

7. I spent not enough time: Enjoying where I was

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: A rehabilitation teacher for the blind

9. Biggest concern: My parents’ divorce, long distance romance with Michael, starting graduate school

10. What my biggest concern should have been: Having a good time/blooming where I was planted

11. Where did I live: Started out in Oswegatchie NY, moved to Allston, MA, moved again to North Little Rock AR

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: Blew through a bunch of money unnecessarily

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: “Quit crying and have some fun!”

14. Picture of myself then:

AtJamesDeansGrave

Now:

1. Age: 34

2. Romantic Status: Happily married

3. Occupation: Domestic goddess

4. Fun night out:   New passion is trivia night at the Fred Pub; close second is dinner out with friends

5. My BFFs: Michael, Mike, Lesley, Melissa, Annette, Russell, and Amy  (just a few!)

6. I spend way too much time: screwing around watching TV

7. I spend not enough time: Cleaning the house

8. I want to be when I grow up: an author

9. Biggest concern:  MONEY! and the other issue in my life… 

10. What my biggest concern should be: Making Leah happy

11. Where do I live: Fredericksburg VA

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Got pulled into the drama

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: See?  All that worry was for nothing (yet again!)!!!

14. Picture of me now:
P1030259

Summary:
1. What do I miss most from 1999: The freedom to make a major life change without giving it more thought than “Well, I’ve never been there, what the hell!”

2. What do I miss least from 1999: All the sorrow from the divorce, all the homesickness, grad school

3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: An awesome marriage, my beautiful daughter, reconnecting with many friends, deep and meaningful friendships, being recognized for many accomplishments, my home

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Finishing my stupid novel and getting it published!

1 pearl(s) of wisdom:

EllenAC6 said...

I'd like to send the picture of your family as my Christmas card. It is Bee UUUU ti fULLLL .