Monday, May 26, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours

So last night, Michael decides to do the laundry, which is cool, seeing as it's his job and all. Only, when he starts, a cool puddle of water starts seeping from the washer.

Not good.

So we call a repairman, who comes over today and charges us 60 dollars for the privilege of telling us that our washing machine's main seal has "shit the bed" (as they so quaintly say in New England), and we might as well buy a new washer.

Fortunately, this was a good time to buy appliances--every major store was having appliance sales this weekend.

We decided to go high efficiency and do our part to save the environment, plus, if I am not mistaken, the washing machine is eligible for a tax deduction.

Unfortunately for us, however, the majority of the displays are digital! And that is not going to fly with the General doing the laundry around here.

We finally found a Bosch w/d set, high efficiency, the price was right, and had accessible controls. So we snapped them up along with the pedestals so no more bending down :) They arrive on Thursday.

I'm so excited to get them. At least temporarily, I might actually fight the General to do the laundry :)

2 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Seraphim9 said...

I was looking at a pair like that at Best Buy yesterday.....SWEET! I do love the pedestals, sure must be easier than having to crawl inside the washer/dryer to reach that elusive sock!

Sweet as those were, there was something that I was highly coveting and nearly in tears of admiration over. I stood there admiring this thing of beauty while mentally renovating my kitchen: a KitchenAid - Architect II Series 30" Built-In Double Electric Wall Oven. *le sigh* imagine how many cakes I could bake at once with this thing!

nettiemac said...

I don't even own a home, and I fall in pure lust in the appliance department. I used to think there was something seriously wrong with me. But I got over it!

I'm so glad for y'all, and I hope you get many years of good usage out of them!