Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Trek to SC

It's time for our annual trek to South Carolina to pick up fireworks for my dad's July 4th spectacular.

Anyone care to join us? We're thinking the first weekend in June.

5 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Lara said...

Where in SC are you going? I think we're free that weekend. We're headed to Falls Church the first weekend in May for B to help set up Donald's new AV system, you guys going to be around then?

Talmadge said...

My guess is you're destined for the illustrious "South of the Border", the first stop in S.C. on I-95. (The state lines of both South Carolina and Alabama are like one giant, yellow and red FIREWORKS sign)

Then again, maybe it's closer for you to cut over I-85 to south of Charlotte, on the outskirts of Nettieland.

Have a fun trip whenever you go.

-TG

Kate/Susan said...

Wrong on both accounts, Tal, my dear. We're heading to Myrtle Beach, scene of our honeymoon 5 years ago :) One of my favorite places.

Talmadge said...

Hey, I was close. South of the Border is about an hour's drive from the 'Strand.

I love SOTB. It's uber-tacky -- the last of the great American tourist traps. Long live Pedro and all those billboards.

-TG

nettiemac said...

Oh man!!! We all ought to meet up!! Wouldn't THAT be cool!

SC -- smiling faces, beautiful places, and CHEAP EXPLOSIVES!! :D :D :D