Tuesday, April 10, 2007

New Camera!

Woo hoo! Mr. took me out tonight to get a new networking card for my computer, since the D-Link and the Linksys couldn't play nice. And we decided while we were there, we'd take a look at the digital cameras. And since we're going on vacation and everything, and my digital camera is "so old, honey," Mr. did the gentlemanly thing and bought his wife a new camera. I'm going to keep the old Olympus--we've been through some good times, me and that camera, which came into my life in 2001. In fact, I'm working on publishing my very first book of photography with pictures from the old Olympus. (Details to follow when I've proofread the first copy)

But today we traded her in for a Panasonic. We've gone from 3.2 megapixels to 7.2 megapixels. We have image stabilization. We have EASY MENUS! And the camera's not the size of my video camera--it's slim and sweet. And virtually idiot proof. When I go between modes, there is a display on screen that tells me what mode I'm in. Which totally kicks tail. I might actually use some of the different modes for a change.

So, I'll be trying to find some photo worthy stuff to practice on before our big trip out west. I am definitely excited to see what it can do. Look out, you might find yourself captured on it soon!

4 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Talmadge said...

"From" 3.2 megapixels?

Man, the Glecks are still riding high on a 2001-vintage 1.3 MP Kodak ... and a one-megapixel camera function with our Sony Digital-8 camcorder.

Just give me a couple of 8-tracks and I'll go sit down.

Congrats on the upgrade. We might want to consider the same thing in the future....

-TG

Kate/Susan said...

We got a good deal on it, less than $200, so I couldn't say no... 1.3 MP's? Tal, forget the iPod, you DESERVE a new camera :)

Talmadge said...

Oh, the MP3 players are a done deal. The missus loves her new 4-gig player. Loves it, I tell ya.

Friday night Seraphim was admiring a couple of cameras ... yeah, the prices are quite good. What I want, and I suspect my wife also wants, is a good zoom. 3x optical ain't gonna cut it, not with her cake pictures (and my roadside captures); I want at least 7x - and I'll gladly sacrifice a megapixel or two to get it.

Sera's getting a pretty decent chunk of $ for her cake class next month ... but that's up to her. :-)

Kate/Susan said...

This one has a 6x zoom, which is pretty good. And it uses half the batteries. WOOT! :-)

I've taken a cake class. Does Sera have any pictures of her cakes on line?