Stolen from Karen
1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - Nope, I'm not the bar type
02. Swam with wild dolphins - Sadly, no. Would like to
03. Climbed a mountain - I climbed Bear Mountain in Cranberry Lake, NY when I was in 5th grade as our field trip that year. I hated every minute of it.
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - Nope, I'd be petrified
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid - Nope, have never been to Africa (yet)
06. Held a tarantula - God no. And no desire to.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone - Nope--although the General and I hot tubbed under the stars, so that's close
08. Said “I love you’ and meant it - Yes, and often.
09. Hugged a tree - Yes. I'm just that kind of girl.
10. Bungee jumped - No, and I have no intention of doing so!
11. Visited Paris - Yes. When I was 15. No desire to go back.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea - YES! At Myrtle Beach. It was beautiful.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - Yes, back in the day...
14. Seen the Northern Lights - No, sadly
15. Gone to a huge sports game - Nope again. Boy, I've got some stuff to make up for.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa - No.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - Yes, and they were delicious!
18. Touched an iceberg - No
19. Slept under the stars - Yup, but only once... I've camped a lot, but that was in a tent.
20. Changed a baby’s diaper - Yes, I sure have.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon - No. For some reason it doesn't really appeal to me.
22. Watched a meteor shower - Yes.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne - Yes. But I'm not crazy about champagne, so it didn't do much for me
24. Given more than you can afford to charity - Yes. And I've never regretted it.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - Yes, my father was Mr. NASA. He got us a telescope for Christmas, but I think it was more for him than us.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - Yes! I had the lead in the school production of "Twelve Angry Women" and on opening night, just as I was preparing to give my first monologue, I got the giggles right on stage, and could do nothing but put my head down and laugh for literally 10 minutes. My junior (?) year of high school, my best friend Pam and I got the giggles during the spring concert--we were singing in the chorus and for some reason the choral director decided "More Than Words" by Extreme would be a great choral tune, so when it was heart stoppingly awful and we finished, Pam leaned over and whispered, "Well, that f***ing sucked"... I'm giggling now as I type this... And then, we had to go up on stage and try to follow two cheerleaders who had choreographed a dance routine at the last minute and didn't teach the rest of the chorus. We were twirling around with black construction paper "top hats" smeared in glitter, giggling our heads off... The singing was awful, the dancing atrocious, the giggling divine.
27. Had a food fight - Yes, with my sister just before the wedding. She and I had a cake fight so the general and I wouldn't have to.
28. Bet on a winning horse - Nope. Maybe when we hit Vegas :)
29. Asked out a stranger - Nope
30. Had a snowball fight - Yes, and it's the most fun you can have in the snow.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - Yes. Sometimes nothing else will do.
32. Held a lamb - Nope
33. Seen a total eclipse - Yes, the night the Red Sox won the world series there was a total lunar eclipse here in DC.
34. Ridden a roller coaster - I HATE ROLLER COASTERS.
35. Hit a home run - No, but I hit the mother of all foul balls one time
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - Yes. When I lived in Utah, when the girls I lived with were stressed out, they would put on a Riverdance CD and we would all do jigs around the living room. At first I felt a little foolish, but more and more as we did it, I loosened up and it was great. I should get one of those CD's...
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day - Yes
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - Yes, but I'd like to even more
39. Had two hard drives for your computer - Heck yes... And thank God too!! We've had a few crashes and never lost anything.
40. Visited all 50 states - No, I'm about to break the 40 mark though. WOO HOO!
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - Definitely have done that... I carried Joe back to his place one night when he told me he was the Grand Pagan.
42. Had amazing friends - The friends I have now are the most amazing of my life... Even if I don't get with them as often as I'd like.
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country - No.
44. Watched wild whales - Nope, but apparently right now they're around the DC area... Field trip anyone?
45. Stolen a sign - Yes. Although it was more of an advertising poster. From the NYC Subway system.
46. Backpacked in Europe - Nope. I've traveled Europe, but not by backpacking.
47. Taken a road-trip - Definitely. Hope to plan the big one next summer. Anyone want to come? A bunch of friends, an RV and some tents. The continental US. Summer 2008.
48. Gone rock climbing - No
49. Midnight walk on the beach - Yes, and it's as wonderful as I'd hoped
50. Gone sky diving - No. Might try indoor skydiving in Vegas, but I'm rethinking the actual skydiving skydiving thing.
51. Visited UK - Yes.
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love - Heavens yes. And boy, does that ever suck.
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them - No, but I wonder who I'd meet if I did
54. Visited Japan - Nope
55. Milked a cow - Nope
56. Alphabetized your CDs - Of course. They didn't stay that way...
57. Pretended to be a superhero - Who hasn't?
58. Sung karaoke - Nope
59. Lounged around in bed all day - Yes, but not on purpose... For about 2 months last year.
60. Posed nude in front of strangers - Eww, no.
61. Gone scuba diving - No
62. Kissed in the rain - No, but this is going on my "HAVE TO" list
63. Played in the mud - Definitely have
64. Played in the rain - Yes, and I love it... I love being out in the rain.
65. Gone to a drive-in theater - No. I've been to outdoor movies, but not a drive in.
66. Visited China - No
67. Started a business - No
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken - Yes.
69. Toured ancient sites - I toured the underground city at York, England in 1998. AWESOME... Truly awe inspiring. Probably York is my favorite place I've ever been.
70. Taken a martial arts class - No
71. Played a game for more than 6 hours straight - Monopoly and Civilization.
72. Gotten married - Yes, and it's for keeps
73. Been in a movie - Only home movies
74. Crashed a party - Please, I was never that cool.
75. Gotten divorced - No and hope I never do.
76. Gone without food for 5 days - No way.
77. Made cookies from scratch - Yes. And do I ever do it in spades at Christmas time!
78. Won first prize in a costume contest - Never, ever.
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice - Again, sounds cool, but no.
80. Gotten a piercing - Yes. But they're closed now. At one time, I had 3 holes in each ear.
81. Rafted the Snake River - Nope
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” - Nope
83. Got flowers for no reason - Nope.
84. Performed on stage - Yep. I was in chorus in high school and college and joined a community chorus in Boston, where I performed once. I love singing.
85. Been to Las Vegas - Nope, but that's about to change!
86. Recorded music - Nope
87. Eaten shark - Nope
88. Had a one-night stand - Nope, close, but nope
89. Gone to Thailand - Nope. (I've never been much on visiting the Asian countries for some reason)
90. Bought a house - Yes, sitting in it right now.
91. Been in a combat zone - Nope
92. Buried one / both of your parents - Nope.
93. Been on a cruise ship - Yes, in high school. I pretty much slept the entire time.
94. Spoken more than one language fluently - I came close to being fluent in French.
95. Performed in Rocky Horror - Nope
96. Raised children (or…raising children) - Nope
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour - Nope
98. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country - There's nothing exotic about bicycles.
100. Picked up and moved to another city to start over - Yes. And hated it every time.
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - Nope
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking - As often as I can.
103. Had plastic surgery - Nope
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived - Yes... I really think my guardian angel was in the car that day.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication - I was published in Parade Magazine.
106. Lost over 100 pounds - No.
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback - No.
108. Piloted an airplane - No.
109. Petted a stingray - Nope.
110. Broken someone’s heart - Yes and it was liberating but guilt-ridden at the same time.
111. Helped an animal give birth - Haven't helped, but have seen it happen
112. Won money on a T.V. game show - Always a viewer, never a contestant.
113. Broken a bone - Dear God yes.
114. Gone on an African photo safari - Nope.
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced - NO
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun or pistol - No
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild - Um no, I like to live.
118. Ridden a horse - No
119. Had major surgery - Tonsils and leg. Neither life threatening, but they were both major to me
120. Had a snake as a pet - No way
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - Nope, but I"ll be helicoptering on down there soon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - Yes
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states - No. I have a ways to go
124. Visited all 7 continents - Nope
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days - No, I'm really not outdoorsy
126. Eaten kangaroo meat - No way!
127. Eaten sushi - Yup, and didn't really like it.
128. Had your picture in the newspaper - Yes, growing up... Usually related to Girl Scouts
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about - No, I'm not persuasive or argumentative
130. Gone back to school - Yes, and maybe again one of these days
131. Parasailed - Never, but would love to
132. Petted a cockroach - Eww, eww, eww!!
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes - Yeah, but didn't like them
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer - Yeah, but didn't like them ;-)
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read. - Yes, JD Salinger.
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - No
137. Skipped all your high school reunions - Only had one so far, and I think pretty much everyone skipped it
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - Yes, in Germany back before I spoke German. We went in a cafe to get some food and the guy didn't speak English and we didn't speak German, so he took us into the kitchen and we pointed to what we wanted to eat.
139. Been elected to public office - No way. I haven't even run!
140. Written your own computer language - Nope
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream - Yes
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care - Thankfully, no.
143. Built your own PC from parts - No, but I've been part of the process since I've been with the General
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you - No
145. Had a booth at a street fair - Nope, not crafty enough.
146. Dyed your hair - Yes.
147. Been a DJ - No.
148. Shaved your head - No.
149. Caused a car accident - Yes, but it was really the ice's fault
150. Saved someone's life - No.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Stolen from Karen