MizB of Should Be Reading sponsors WWW Wednesdays. I doubt I will participate in this one as often since my reading doesn’t change all that much from week to week lately. However, I’ll enjoy participating when my reading selections do change.
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?
1. I am currently reading two books. The first is The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. It is a book club selection, a book I had never heard of before it was chosen for book club. So far, I’m enjoying it. Hopefully this is a good sign for the rest of the book club year! The second book is Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen. It was an impulse buy when I recently had an hour to myself in the local bookstore and a gift card from my birthday to burn. I am enjoying it a lot and am glad I picked it up (Thanks, Wendy, for the gift card!)
2. I recently finished the first book in Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lightning Thief. It was a fun read, quick and easy and engaging.
3. I have the next Percy Jackson book, which I may read next. I was also plowing through Galahad at Blandings and The Great American Typo Hunt before I put them aside for the two books mentioned in Question/Answer #1. This is a common problem I have, actually. I’ll be happily reading along in a great book, and then other great books come along, so I put down the first books to start the new ones. I need to develop some kind of follow through! Anyone else do this?