Monday, November 30, 2009

A Dedication to The Best Friends a Girl Can Have

Michael and I were talking on the way home about our decision to start going to church again.  We talked about how we have been really lucky to have so many amazing friends, but how everyone is so spread out, so he thought that going to church would give us more of a sense of community here.  I am fortunate to have recently become friends with several women here in town since becoming a SAHM, and it makes me miss all of you who aren’t here even more.

Just as we were having that discussion, James Taylor came on the radio singing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”.  One part in particular is extra poignant to me this year and right now:

Through the years, we all will be together, if the fates allow.
Until then, we’ll have to muddle through somehow…

I have leaned hard on many of you in the past 18 months, and I appreciate that you are still here and every time I post a crappy Facebook status or send you an email, not a one of you has ever responded with exasperation (at least to my ‘face’).  I love you all very much.  I know we haven’t been together in a while, but God willing, the Fates will allow us to be together again soon.

And happy birthday to Lesley, the bestest friend a girl can have.  Love you.

1 pearl(s) of wisdom:

Lesley said...

Love you, too! We may not see or speak to one another as often as I'd like, but you're in my thoughts (and prayers) always!